Freitag, 13. November 2015

Collage papers - face No. 5 of 99



As I started stamping for me the best part of making cards was to create the backgrounds. I so loved to try out all the fabulous techniques stampers showed and found - the most techniques came from other arts I guess - it was  fascinating for me to see how all the fantastic backgrounds can be done with simple techniques ... I sometimes felt like in a wonderland I remember. But I thought I am too childish - and not serious enough - because I much  more loved to do backgrounds than making the cards and stuff itself. Meanwhile since a few years,  since I stopped card making more and more and got into Art Journaling and Mixed Media, I learned that this is absolute o.k. and that the most artists just like to play with colors and stuff. That exactly this kind of being childish and just wanting to play is what constitutes an artist . So I allow myself to just make backgrounds or background papers for fun - and different artists tought me that with all this  papers in the end I can make the best stuff -- so I am relaxed now about my playfullness - it's super to have your own papers on hand and mix them and glue some pieces together. It seems that I found my happiness with collaging papers  - so I did on this pages - papers that I made by monoprinting - such as shown here - were glued down and a simple face was drawn and from another of my faces I took the right eye ... I love that even though a face is an oval or round shape the straight paper pieces go so well to the face because of this rectangular right eye part ...  I LOVE this effect.


my face is meant for 

Art Journal Journey

and


99faces

as well as for


and


Kommentare :

  1. Das Patchwork Gesicht ist fantastisch und der Hintergrund sogar noch mehr so, einfach cool! Gefällt mir super gut! Dir einen schönen Tag, Hugs, Valerie

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. You are right Susi. We most enjoy when doing what we deshire to go.
    You've found your wonderful world and keep it as long as enjoy it.
    Your art is great and I enjoy it, too.
    Happy PPF ♥

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Playing is have the fun and I don't think you get that while card making. But this revelation shows how our art evolves and we can still use techniques we learned along the way to help us create the art that is meant for us. What makes this such a great piece is you love of playing with backgrounds.

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. This is a great paper quilt! Playing is crucial for living. Or anything would be too boring...Happy PPF :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Das ist wieder schöne bunt. Gestern der römische Jüngling mit den weiblichen Zügen, der hatte aber auch was, so was GOLDENES!
    Es grüsst Dich nach Österreich herzlich Petra

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. ein schön buntes Gesicht,sieht aus wie ein indianer mit Bemalung,sehr interresant an zu schauen.
    wenn du weiter gesichter malst hast du bald die 99 geschafft.
    ein schönes we dir,liebes.

    hugs jenny

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Continue to play in the childlike world Susi- this is what makes each their own!! xo

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. It is fun playing isn't it? This is a beautiful and interesting background and it is YOURS. With art, nothing is duplicated exactly. Each piece is different and belongs to the artist that made it. Happy PPF

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. what a great background to bring out the sweet face-fabulous Susi!

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. I love the patchwork style and the colours. A great double page spread.

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. This is terrific Susi and amazing ideas to inspire and admire

    Love Chrissie xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. ein extravagantes tollesGesicht auf diesem herrlichen Hintergrund!
    Lieben Gruss Elke

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Love this collaged face. Making beautiful background papers is so enjoyable...what to do with them?....make some faces!! Inspiring page.

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. Your collage face is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! Playing with inks and paints is fun for sure!! I have backgrounds both in my journals and on papers and one day they will be used, although nothing can compare with the way you have used yours! Love the clever combination of your face and journal page too! Great happy mail too! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Chrisx

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. Fantastic face, love the different pattern papers you have used.

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. I love this face! It is so beautiful with its patchwork from Nature. You are so right that artists are really people still in touch with childhood experimentation and discovery. That is what being alive is all about, so if you think about it experimenting and creating are probably the most important things we will ever do! xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  17. Wonderful collage to make your beautiful face, super stamping everywhere as well.
    Yvonne xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  18. Such an inventive and creative collage.

    AntwortenLöschen
  19. Wow, Susi. This is collage at its finest. I love the face and how you inserted areas like the eye. That is fabulous.

    AntwortenLöschen
  20. I love your playful spirit! Your collage is wonderfully inspirational! I now want to try a few digital pieces thiscway! Love it!

    Hugs Giggles

    AntwortenLöschen
  21. DAS ist Collage, wie ich sie toll finde! Perfekt eingesetzt und definitiv mehr als bloß ein wenig hinzugefügte "Textur"! Man sieht, dass du ein tolles Gespür für die einzelnen Elemente hast und wie man sie zu etwas zusammenfügt, das mehr wird als bloß die Summe der einzelnen Teile!

    Danke für den lieben Besuch auf meinem Blog und auch dir ein recht sonniges und angenehmes Wochenende!

    Liebe Grüße,
    Claudia x

    AntwortenLöschen
  22. Oh my goodness, Susi, this colourful face is fantastico! Great patterns and yet it still is a face. What a wonderful technique.

    AntwortenLöschen
  23. What a fantastic collage face - the background is so exciting and yet the face lives too.
    Alison xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  24. Ich finde es klasse, daß Du Deinen Weg gefunden hast und Deine 'Spielerei' als die Artform akzeptierst, die es auch ist. Sie ist wunderschön. Das Gesicht ist Dir echt klasse gelungen.

    AntwortenLöschen
  25. I love the effect too. Everything came together perfectly. The background and face compliment each other so well.

    AntwortenLöschen
  26. Fabulous face! I too love making background sometimes more than art.

    AntwortenLöschen
  27. Your background and face are fabulous! Keep on playing!

    AntwortenLöschen

Thank you for your comment!