Saturday, December 26, 2015

Kindle your spark of madness 29/99 and Stefaniebraten

Kindle your spark of madness

I did her without a reference photo and that is not the best I found out -
the faces turn out much better when I take a reference. However  - it's o.k. 


 I started on a background that I sprayed over stencils - drew the face with charcoal - painted it with gesso and after gluing on some matching scraps of paper - because it should fit our collage theme at Art Journal Journey , I took a watercolor pencil in purple and colored  some places with it . Final touches and the journaling were made with the Pentel brush pen.

 She is meant for 

ART JOURNAL JOURNEY - Collage with some Journaling
SHOW YOUR FACE  and  99faces

Thank you for stopping by and have a great St. Steven's / Boxing- or simple Satur-day! 
In Austria we call it Stefanitag -  feast day of Saint Stephen the martyr of Jerusalem 
 traditionally I enjoy my

"Stefaniebraten"(egg-stuffed meat loaf *image and recipe here) on this day . I like boiled potatoes and Chinese cabbage salad to it - Yummie!

17 comments :

  1. What a fascinating face Susi - love the depth the stenciling and collage give the page. I don't think you would want to see my madness :-)!!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful detail and wonderful face! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the face and colours, Susi, she is gorgeous, and I think sometimes a spark of madness in creativity is really good. Have a wonderful day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The face is beautiful, even if you are not as pleased as I was. The colors you chose are beautiful and contrast from the Christmas colors we are probably all ready to put away for awhile.

    I missed your St. Stephen celebration when I did my Boxing Day tribute. Each year I learn something new about this day. I certainly don't want to get "boxed in" by not learning something new. Happy St. Stephen and Boxing Day, dear Susi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful background and an amazing face like no other

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ein interessanter Hintergund liebe Susi
    das ist ein wunderschönes Journal und Gesicht!
    Toll kann ich nur sagen!
    Schönen Feiertag wünsche ich dir!
    Lieben Gruss Elke

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is gorgeous!! I really love her eyes!
    I've said it before, Your faces have come along so far and are just gorgeous!!hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous artwork Susi - love the colour and she has a wonderful expression and beautiful eyes.......... Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Das ist wieder wunderbar gelungen. Sieht echt super aus.
    Ich wünsche dir einen schönen 2. Weihnachtstag.
    LG Carola

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like her Susi. She may not be as correctly proportioned as a super model's face, but she is what real people look like. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are enjoying the rest of this weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is lovely liebe Susi!
    Your color choice is a nice surprise too.
    Happy day after Christmas to you and yours sweet friend oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like this, the purple patterns and the purple dramatic face. IMO it's one of your best and so original

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful face again, I love the purple-bleu , white combination of the colours!! Great ART!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  14. Einfach wunderschön! Ein feines Gesicht und mir gefallen die vielen Details des Hintergrunds!
    Liebe Grüße, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just been having a lovely catch up, this face looks beautiful ,as do the others in your recent posts.They are super words.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Susi, what a wonderful face. And the colors are so nice. Lots of lovely faces in this challenge you are participating in, you have really expanded your art and it is beautiful. Want to wish you a Happy, Healthy, Prosperous New Year to you and your family. Thank you for your wishes to me, dear friend.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this face and the words you have used! The meat loaf sounds good! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!